It won’t take long to see why some compare The Chesapeake to the best cruise ship they’ve ever been on.
Watercolor painting classes. Dinner at a new local restaurant. An evening at the theatre. Book clubs. Glass-fusing classes. Summer baseball games. An orchestra performance. A day-trip to Fredericksburg. An afternoon on The Spirit of Norfolk. TED Talks. And much more!
Our extensive calendar of activities offers a wide range of both on- and off-site programming, including:
- College lecture series on a wide variety of topics
- Art classes such as instructional painting, egg dyeing, and holiday card making
- Community concerts and performances with local and national talent
- Weekly worship services and bible studies
- Movies on campus and in local theatres
- Day trips to local areas of interest such as Colonial Williamsburg, The Eastern Shore, Northern Virginia, and even Charlottesville
- “Lunch Bunch” trips to unique and local restaurants
- A community garden, or “The Funny Farm”, tilled and cared for by residents
- Weekly card games such as bridge and mahjong
- Volunteering opportunities and more!
The list could go on and on. In fact, if you’re looking for something to do, the only challenge you’ll have is deciding what to do next!