Home of the free
…Because of people like you.
The Chesapeake honors our military veterans.
At The Chesapeake, residents enjoy a lifestyle filled with freedom — freedom from home maintenance and yard work, freedom to do the things they love, and freedom from worrying about the future. But the greatest freedom we all enjoy is that of living in our great nation — a privilege bought and paid for by people like you.
To thank you for your service to our country and to show our appreciation for the sacrifices you have made, The Chesapeake has established the Veteran’s Honor Benefit. This Benefit can save you from $3,000 to $10,000 on a cottage or apartment at The Chesapeake.
Eligibility for the Veteran’s Honor Benefit is based on the following criteria:
- Available to veterans of any branch of the United States Military and their spouses.
- 62 years of age or older.
- Be a member of the retired reserve or have received an honorable or general discharge from military service. (Submit DD-214 discharge papers.)
- Not currently residing at The Chesapeake or any other Lifespire of Virginia community.
- Meet eligibility criteria for Independent Living at The Chesapeake.
Join us for some R&R.
A great way to get to know The Chesapeake is to enjoy a complimentary overnight stay. While you’re here, you can tour our apartment homes and cottages, meet some of our residents, experience our culinary services, and join in a social event.
To schedule a personal appointment with one of our retirement counselors or to arrange your stay, simply call us at 757-602-0827.