Independent Living at The Chesapeake in Newport News, VA, makes it easy to feel right at home. The Chesapeake is well known as the premier senior independent living community in the Hampton Roads area, with everything you need right at your fingertips. With our exceptional amenities, programs, and hospitality, every day is filled with choices to enhance your mind, body, and spirit.
Our beautiful maintenance-free residences open the door to a vibrant, carefree lifestyle surrounded by like-minded friends and neighbors.
Choose from a wide selection of living options, including our single-story cottage and patio homes, as well as one- and two-bedroom apartment homes with modern finishes, high ceilings, and unique architectural features. Apartment floor plans include a patio or balcony; cottage homes offer a variety of options to expand your living space with a den, screened porch, sunroom and/or attached garage.
View Floor Plans
Financial Security for Today and Tomorrow
Our contract options at The Chesapeake, a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), alleviate financial and health care worries by providing peace of mind and security today and for your future. We offer a Type A Life Care contract with predictable monthly fees and a flexible Type C Fee-for-Service contract. Both options give you peace of mind in knowing that a full continuum of care is available right here on campus if the need ever arises.
Learn About Contract Options
Best-in-Class Amenities and Services
Enjoy a host of amenities and services that make your life easier:
- Concierge services
- Biweekly housekeeping
- Local transportation for medical appointments, shopping and personal needs
- Flexible dining plan with multiple dining settings
- Creative art classes
- Variety of entertainment both on campus and in the surrounding community
- General maintenance and repair of appliances
- All lawn care and grounds maintenance
- Utilities, including local and long-distance telephone service
- Wi-Fi access in community areas
- Expanded cable television
- 24/7 emergency response system
- 24/7 surveillance and security
LifeSpire of Virginia Transfer Program
- LifeSpire of Virginia has a resident transfer program designed to allow residents to transfer between any LifeSpire of Virginia community.
- As needs change or as friends or family move the LifeSpire of Virginia transfer program enables flexibility in where you live.
- Transfers are dependent upon space being available at the destination community. For further details on the LifeSpire of Virginia Transfer Program call us at 757-913-0564.