What Are the Benefits of Assisted Living in Newport News, VA
Serving as a caregiver for your parent or other family member takes a lot of time and energy. As rewarding as it is to spend time with your loved one, you may not always be able to help them when they need it. Your father may try to do the yardwork when you’re not there and risk injuring himself, or your mother may struggle to cook for herself and maintain a healthy diet.
Your loved one may require more assistance than you can provide, which is where Assisted Living can help. Your parents or family members can thrive in an Assisted Living facility and allow you to focus on nurturing your relationship with them rather than being their caregiver.
What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted Living is designed for individuals who need help with everyday activities and could benefit from health care services but don’t require 24-hour care. Assisted Living services are meant to provide your loved one with personalized care that ensures their unique needs are met. The ultimate goal of an Assisted Living community is to maximize resident independence for as long as possible.
Assisted Living services usually include medication management, housekeeping and maintenance, personal care services, social services, and access to assistance 24/7. These services are typically offered to your loved one in a homelike residential setting. Because most people prefer private residences, the best Assisted Living communities will offer studio and one-bedroom Assisted Living apartment options.
4 Benefits of Assisted Living at The Chesapeake Senior Living
The best plan for one person may not be right for your loved one, so we’ll customize their experience, starting with four levels of Assisted Living care:
- Assisted Living I serves adults who need only minimal assistance with personal care, dressing, movement and other aspects of daily living.
- Assisted Living II provides more personal care and comprehensive assistance with routine daily living needs.
- Assisted Living III is for residents who’ll benefit from individual assistance with tasks such as bathing, incontinence management, medication administration and other services.
- Memory Care provides care for residents diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, delivered in a stimulating environment that promotes dignity, independence and socialization.
Our senior Assisted Living program in Newport News, VA, will provide your loved one with attentive, compassionate care to help them live as independently as possible. Here are just some of the benefits your loved one will receive through our assisted living program:
1. Assistance with Activities of Daily Living. Your loved one can always count on dedicated care from our team members. We are here to help your loved one with the activities of daily living. This includes tasks such as bathing, dressing and medication management.
2. A Person-Centered Care Approach. Our goal is to provide your loved one with the right touch of assistance so they’ll discover more independence, dignity and socialization than living at home. Our trained and caring staff will map out a customized care plan that addresses your loved one’s specific needs so activities of daily living (ADLs) become easily managed and the rest of the day is more fully enjoyed.
3. 24-Hour Access to Health Care Professionals. At The Chesapeake, we have a high staff-to-resident ratio, meaning your loved one will always get the individualized attention they deserve. Our team includes registered nurses who are on-site 24 hours a day, dietitians, therapists, and many other professionals who have your loved one’s interests at heart.
4.On-Site Services. One of the biggest benefits of our Assisted Living services is that your loved one can find everything they need right on our campus. We have an on-site medical center, personal training, therapy services, and much more to benefit your loved one’s well-being.
Assisted Living Is Part of Our Life Plan Community
Because The Chesapeake is a Life Plan Community, your loved one will always be able to find the care they need, no matter how their health changes over time. What advantages come with choosing a Life Plan Community like The Chesapeake?
The Chesapeake provides residents with a wide range of residential and health care services. While many move into our Independent Living residences, we also provide Assisted Living , Memory Support, Skilled Nursing, and Senior Rehab services, which are all available on one campus.
In addition to this full continuum of care, your loved one will enjoy the full array of services and amenities offered at The Chesapeake. When your loved one joins our community, they will experience maintenance-free living.
Because dining can play an important role in any person’s daily delight, our Life Plan Community offers Cura Hospitality, a satisfying dining experience featuring Cura’s chef-centric, farm-to-table culinary approach. Expect well-balanced and delicious dishes — every meal, every day.
Discover Vibrant Assisted Living at The Chesapeake Senior Living
Having just the right amount of help enables your loved one to thrive in ways that may not be possible in their home. Imagine the difference between living at home with limited opportunities for pleasure compared to spending time relaxing in our indoor saltwater pool, participating on one of our committees, taking a craft class, enjoying outings to local restaurants and museums in the Hampton Roads area, or getting a soothing massage by our therapist.
To learn more about Assisted Living at The Chesapeake contact us today. We look forward to speaking with you.